- Hick, MD, Ryan W.
- Hosler, MD, PhD, Gregory A.
- O’Leary, MD, Erin
- Rainwater, MD, Gina
- Alvarez-Paiva, MD, Gustavo A.
- Dang, MD, Daniel N.
- Eze, MD, MHS, Ogechukwu P.
- Koo, MD, Jamie
- Lewin, MD, Matthew
- Ly, MD, Linda
- Ly, DO, Uyen Debbie
- Malhotra, MD, Reenu
- Onyeagocha, MD, Chukwuma O.
- Patel, MD, Ravi A.
- Roberts, MD, MBA, Cory A.
- Tarabishy, MD, Yaman
- Chang, MD, Dongkun Jack
- Chenault, MD, Carrie
- Peters, MD, PhD, John M.
- Buresh, MD, Cary J.
- El-Zayaty, MD, FASCP, Chad
- Liu, MD, Chengbao
- Oliai, MD, Bahram Robert
- M. Murphy, PhD, Kathleen
- Bridge, MD, Julia A.
- Patel, DDS, Paras B.
- Lemeshev, MD, Yan H.
- Bierbaum, MD, W. Frederick
- Czapla, MD, Aggie
- Hill, MD, Isabel C.
- Simms, MD, Anthony
- Snowden, MD, Cindi
- Miles, MD, Janet M.
- Wagner, DO, Diana
- Dhingra, MD, Sadhna
- Driver, MD, Brandon
- Juarez, MD , Valerie M.
- Hernandez, MD, Amanda
- Law, MD, Robert M.
- Lewin, MD, Marc R.
- Litz, MD, Craig E.
- Susa, DO, Joseph S.
- Tumminello, MD, Katherine
- Smith MD, Stacey L.
- Vinovrski, MD, Todd J.
- Wu, MD, Horace C.
- Washington, MD, Paula J.
- Music, MD, Jodi S.
- Hu, MD, PhD, Xiaofeng
- Iyer, MD, Anita
Anita Iyer, MD
Gastrointestinal Pathology, Liver Pathology
Residency: Anatomic Pathology, Yale University School of medicine Medical school: Grant Medical college, JJ hospital.
After completing her training, Dr. Iyer was an assistant professor at the University of Vermont and director of gastrointestinal pathology at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, Vermont, for 5 years. She subsequently migrated to Australia where Dr. Iyer held a dual honorary appointment for the Department of Anatomic Pathology and the Department of Colorectal Medicine and Genetics at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Victoria, Australia, for a year. She became a fellow of the Royal College of Australasia (RCPA) in 2013. She was a specialist consultant at Southern IML Pathology (Sonic Healthcare Australia) and the Wollongong Hospital (TWH) for 9 years. During this period, she has served in the rectal cancer steering committee of TWH, RCPA QAP committee for the gastrointestinal pathology module and colorectal cancer craft group for Sonic Healthcare Australia.
Medical School: Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion Hospital, India
- Joined ProPath in 2023
- Mahin HH, Iyer A, Putnis S. Squamous cell carcinoma found in the mesorectum: an extremely rare pathology. ANZ J Surg. 2020 Sep;90(9):1789-1790.
- Brungs D, Lochhead A, Iyer A, Illemann M, Colligan P, Hirst NG, Splitt A, Liauw W, Vine KL, Pathmanandavel S, Carolan M, Becker TM, Aghmesheh M, Ranson M. Expression of cancer stem cell markers is prognostic in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma. Pathology. 2019 Aug;51(5):474-480.
- Iyer A. A practical approach to small lymphoid cell infiltrates in the lower gastrointestinal tract. Diagn Histopathol. 2014;20(4):137-143.
- Wasserman M, Hyman N, Iyer A, Wilcox R, Osler T. The natural history of anal transition zone inflammation and possible relationship to pouchitis: a long-term longitudinal study. Colorectal Dis. 2013 Dec;15(12):1493-8.
- Iyer A, Thompson L, Cooper K. Epithelioid haemangioendothelioma, mimicking prostatic adenocarcinoma. Histopathology. 2012 Feb;60(3):522-4.
- Iyer A, Rajendran V, Adamson CS, Peng Z, Cooper K, Evans MF. Human papillomavirus is detectable in Barrett's esophagus and esophageal carcinoma but is unlikely to be of any etiologic significance. J Clin Virol. 2011 Mar;50(3):205-8.
- Iyer A. Introduction to mini-synposium: pathology of the gallbladder and biliary system [guest editorial]. Diagn Histopathol. 2010;16(8):349.
- Iyer A. Non-neoplastic diseases of the intra- and extrahepatic bile ducts. Diagn Histopathol. 2010;16(8):380-387.
- Chetty R, Serra S, Jain R, Evans M, Cooper K, Iyer A. CK19 immunoexpression in extrapancreatic endocrine tumours of the gastrointestinal tract. Histopathology. 2009 Jul;55(1):116-20.
- Ahmad I, Iyer A, Marginean CE, Yeh MM, Ferrell L, Qin L, Bifulco CB, Jain D. Diagnostic use of cytokeratins, CD34, and neuronal cell adhesion molecule staining in focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatic adenoma. Hum Pathol. 2009 May;40(5):726-34.
- Iyer A, Robert ME, Bifulco CB, Salem RR, Jain D. Different cytokeratin and neuronal cell adhesion molecule staining patterns in focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatic adenoma and their significance. Hum Pathol. 2008 Sep;39(9):1370-7.
- Rogart JN, Iyer A, Robert ME, Levy G, Strazzabosco M. Type I autoimmune hepatitis presenting with acute liver failure in the setting of wild mushroom ingestion. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2008 Jul;42(6):662-6.
- Eisenbarth SC, Colegio OR, Iyer A, Cooper D, Bannykh S, Baehring J. Images in neuro-oncology: a case of POEMS (Polyneuropathy, Organomegaly, Endocrinopathy, Monoclonal protein and Skin changes) in a patient with multicentric Castleman's disease. J Neurooncol. 2007 Jan;81(2):163-5.
- Iyer A, Mathur R, Deepak BV, Sinard J. Fatal adenoviral hepatitis after rituximab therapy. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006 Oct;130(10):1557-60.
- Khan J, McClennan BL, Qureshi S, Martell M, Iyer A, Bokhari SJ. Meigs syndrome and gliomatosis peritonei: a case report and review of literature. Gynecol Oncol. 2005 Aug;98(2):313-7.
- Cai D, Iyer A, Felekkis KN, Near RI, Luo Z, Chernoff J, Albanese C, Pestell RG, Lerner A. AND-34/BCAR3, a GDP exchange factor whose overexpression confers antiestrogen resistance, activates Rac, PAK1, and the cyclin D1 promoter. Cancer Res. 2003 Oct 15;63(20):6802-8.
- Lanjewar DN, Bhosale A, Iyer A. Spectrum of dermatopathologic lesions associated with HIV/AIDS in India. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2002 Jul;45(3):293-8.
- Iyer AS, Ranadive NU, Trivedi VD. Malakoplakia of prostate: a case report. Indian J Urol. 1999;(1):53-54.
- Das AS, Kerkham A, Iyer A. Pembrolizumab induced gastritis - a case report. Pathology. 2021;54(Suppl 1):S59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pathol.2021.12.192.
- Das AS, Iyer A. Mucinous cystic neoplasm in the pancreas in a male – a case report. Pathology. 2021;54(Suppl 1):S59. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pathol.2021.12.193.
- Nguyen M, Knight B, Iyer A. Paraganglioma in an unexpected location- a case report. Pathology. 2020;52(Suppl 1):S83.
- Gasser N, Iyer A. Case report: collagenous gastritis. Pathology. 2018;51(Suppl 1):S82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pathol.2018.12.207.
- Marvi S, Lochhead A, Iyer A. Surgical pathology audit of multidisciplinary meetings. Pathology. 2017;49(Suppl 1):S78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pathol.2017.12.204.
- Iyer A. Distinct CK7 Staining pattern in focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatic adenoma and its diagnostic significance. USCAP Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Iyer A. Real-Time RT-PCR evaluation of cyclin D1 mRNA expression in mantle cell lymphoma present in archived bone marrow biopsy specimen. USCAP Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2005.
- Iyer A. Myelodysplastic syndrome-refractory anemia with excess blasts: a case report. Bombay Hematology Group Meeting, Bombay, India, 1998.