ProPath offers high-quality pathology services with an over 60,000 sq ft laboratory, including 25,000 sq ft of wet lab space. Our lab is CLIA/CAP-accredited and provides state-of-the-art equipment that ensures rapid, accurate processing and analysis for our clients. Our pathologists have extensive knowledge and experience, with our lab processing over 700,000 specimens annually.
Anatomic Pathology and Cytopathology
Expert review by subspecialty-trained, board-certified pathologists in virtually all areas of pathology. Services include rendering or confirming diagnosis, circling tissue areas for tissue dissection, and estimation of percentage of tumor cells present.
Customized reports and consults are available.
Specimens can be supplied with individual pathology reports or with tabulated clinical data. Clinical data typically includes at a minimum, patient age and gender, procedure performed, and diagnosis.
ProPath has banked a wide variety of FFPE tissue specimens that are > 10 years old. Limited supplies of more recent tissue are available as well. ProPath can also prospectively acquire FFPE tissue with specific diagnoses for individual projects. Tissue can be provided as an FFPE tissue block, slides (stained or unstained), or curls/sections. If needed, the tissues can be reviewed by a board-certified pathologist to identify areas of normal and tumor tissue, and to estimate the percentage of tumor within the identified area. Additional data may be available including results for IHC stains, special stains, molecular and FISH test results, flow cytometry analysis, etc.
ProPath has an extensive bank of DNA isolated from diverse cancer tissue types including colon, lung, and melanoma. DNA specimens have been characterized for various mutations in specific genes including KRAS, NRAS, BRAF, EGFR, and MSI status. DNA specimens are provided with concentration and purity estimated by O.D. 260 and 280 nm readings. Additional data may be available including results for IHC stains, special stains, etc.
ProPath has a bank of more than 50,000 GYN cytology (Pap) specimens in ThinPrep fixative. Specimens can be supplied as the original liquid specimen (typically > 10 mL) or slides, stained or unstained. Additional data may be available including results for High-Risk HPV, HPV genotyping, Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Trichomonas vaginalis, Candida species, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2.
- Blood and Blood Products
ProPath can provide serum, plasma and peripheral blood, primarily from normal, healthy donors, although some disease states may also be available. These specimens are supplied with patient age and gender, but with limited clinical data.
- Over 300 validated antibodies
- Technical expertise with optimization and validation of new antibodies, and antigen retrieval
- Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Over 100 validated probes
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue and hematologic specimens accepted
- Technical expertise with optimization and validation of new probes
- Molecular Oncology Testing
- Validated assays
- Assay optimization and validation
- State-of-the-art laboratory
- Order tests individually or in tumor-specific panels
- Solid tumor testing includes KRAS, BRAF, NRAS, PI3K, EGFR, MSI
- Hematopoietic tumor testing includes JAK2 V617F and exon 12, MPL, CALR, FLT3
- T-cell and B-cell gene rearrangements
- Identification of somatic abnormalities in a variety of tumor types
- Identification of germline/constitutional alterations
- In-Situ Hybridization
- Flow Cytometry
- Electron Microscopy
- DNA Identity Testing
Clinical Lab Testing
- Blood Banking
- Traditional Microbiology Services
- Molecular Microbiology
- Validated Assays
- Assay Optimization and Validation
We work with IVD manufacturers at various stages of assay and/or instrument development.
- We provide previously characterized clinical specimens which are used for assay optimization.
- We perform beta testing of instrumentation and provide feedback on a variety of aspects of the instrument’s performance.
- We have performed comparisons of assays produced by different manufacturers and presented our findings in oral, abstract, and peer-reviewed publication forms. Examples include comparisons of FISH probes and HPV tests.
We work with a variety of investigators performing translational research, e.g., a pharmaceutical company conducting a clinical trial using a FLT3 inhibitor to treat acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- We perform FLT3 mutation testing to determine eligibility for the trial. In addition, for patients who go on trial, we process samples to store cells and plasma for future testing.