- Alvarez-Paiva, MD, Gustavo A.
- Ayoade, MD , PhD, Katherine O.
- Bierbaum, MD, W. Frederick
- Bridge, MD, Julia A.
- Chang, MD, Dongkun Jack
- Chenault, MD, FCAP, Carrie
- Czapla, MD, Aggie
- Dang, MD, Daniel N.
- Driver, MD, Brandon
- El-Zayaty, MD, Chad
- Eze, MD, MHS, Ogechukwu P.
- Hernandez, MD, Amanda K.
- Hick, MD, Ryan W.
- Hill, MD, Isabel C.
- Hosler, MD, PhD, Gregory A.
- Hu, MD, PhD, Xiaofeng
- Joldoshova, MD, Albina
- Juarez, MD , Valerie M.
- Koo, MD, Jamie
- Law, MD, Robert M.
- Lemeshev, MD, Yan H.
- Lewin, MD, Matthew
- Lewin, MD, Marc R.
- Litz, MD, Craig E.
- Ly, DO, Uyen Debbie
- Ly, MD, Linda
- Malhotra, MD, Reenu
- Miles, MD, Janet M.
- Murphy, PhD, Kathleen M.
- Music, MD, Jodi S.
- O’Leary, MD, Erin
- Oliai, MD, Bahram Robert
- Onyeagocha, MD, Chukwuma O.
- Paluru, MD, Swetha
- Patel, DDS, Paras B.
- Patel, MD, Ravi A.
- Patel, MD, Kirtesh
- Peters, MD, PhD, John M.
- Podberezin, MD, PhD, Mark
- Rainwater, MD, Gina
- Roberts, MD, MBA, Cory A.
- Ruiz, MD, Monica I.
- Sarode, MD, Venetia R.
- Simms, MD, Anthony
- Smith MD, Stacey L.
- Snowden, MD, Cindi
- Susa, DO, Joseph S.
- Tarabishy, MD, Yaman
- Tumminello, MD, Katherine
- Underwood, MD, Caroline I.M.
- Vinovrski, MD, Todd J.
- Wagner, DO, Diana
- Washington, MD, Paula J.
- Wu, MD, Horace C.
Albina Joldoshova, MD
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Surgical Pathology, Gastrointestinal/Hepatobiliary
ProPath, a Sonic Healthcare anatomic pathology practice, is privileged to include Albina Joldoshova, M.D., as part of its dynamic medical team. Dr. Joldoshova brings a wealth of knowledge and professional experience to her role.
Dr. Joldoshova graduated with a medical degree from I.K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Between her degree and her residency, she served a yearlong postdoctoral fellowship in leadership education in neurodevelopmental disabilities at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. She completed her residency in anatomic and clinical pathology while at the University of Texas Health Science Center. Immediately after her residency, she completed a surgical pathology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, followed by a fellowship in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary pathology at the Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut.
Dr. Joldoshova has robust experience in pathology, including research and teaching. Prior to her first fellowship, she was a visiting medical doctor at Shifa Clinic and Community Center in Sugar Land, TX. After her postdoctoral fellowship, she held an observership in endocrine neoplasia and hormonal disorders at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She served a stint as a research assistant in the Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics at the Baylor College of Medicine. This was followed by a research internship in hematopathology at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Joldoshova held a yearlong teaching appointment in the Physician Educator Certificate Program at the UT Health Science Center and was invited as a guest speaker on pancreato-biliary pathology, also at UT Health Science Center. She has professional leadership experience as a part of the residency match mentorship program at the Whitetulip Health Foundation.
Dr. Joldoshova has been published numerous times in peer-reviewed scientific journals. She’s published articles on pathology and cancer diagnostics in prestigious journals such as the Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science, Journal of Molecular Pathology, Human Pathology Case Reports, and Molecular Oncology, among others. She has presented a multitude of abstracts at professional conferences and organizations. Dr. Joldoshova is a member of a number of professional organizations including the American Society for Clinical Pathology, College of American Pathologists, Digital Pathology Association, the Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal Pathology Society, Texas Society of Pathologists, and the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
Dr. Joldoshova holds full medical licensure and is board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology.
I.K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State
Medical Academy (MD)
Yale School of Medicine
New Haven, CT
Surgical Pathology Fellowship
Baylor College of Medicine
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Residency University of Texas Health Science Center
Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND)
University of Texas Health Science Center
American Society for Clinical Pathology
College of American Pathologists
Digital Pathology Association
Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal Pathology Society
Texas Society of Pathologists
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Elzamly S, Joldoshova A, Taha H, Shitawi M, Ghosh A, Everett J. Incidental colonic masses, cytomegalovirus infection, and amyloidosis in a treatment-naive chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) patient without GI symptoms. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2022 Nov;52(6):1002-1006.
- George B, Haque A, Sahu V, Joldoshova A, Singh Y, Quinones JE, George SK, Amin HM. Enhancing antigen retrieval to unmask signaling phosphoproteins in formalin-fixed archival tissues. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2022 May-Jun 01;30(5):333-339.
- Joldoshova A, Elzamly S, Brown R, Buryanek J. Prometastatic CXCR4 and histone methyltransferase EZH2 are upregulated in SMARCB1/INI1-deficient and TP53-mutated poorly differentiated chordoma. J. Mol. Pathol. 2022;3(2):68-77.
- Joldoshova A, Belousova T, Cai Z, Billah S. Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystic neoplasm leading to multifocal invasive adenocarcinoma of the small and large intestine. Human Pathology Case Reports. 2020 Nov; 22:200419.
- Dodge DL, Cherian SV, Ali YD, Murzabdillaeva A, Hu Z, Estrada-Y-Martin RM. A 35-year-old woman with progressive dyspnea and cough. Chest. 2020 Sep;158(3): e103-e106.
- Murzabdillaeva A, Zhao B. Poorly differentiated biliary adenocarcinoma leading to Boerhaave syndrome: a case report and review of the literature. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2019 May;49(3):395-399.
- Murzabdillaeva A, Ali Y, Aakash N, Armstrong J, Ghorbani R, Zhang S. Pleomorphic invasive lobular carcinoma of the male breast: two case reports with opposite hormone receptor status. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2019 Sep;49(4):534-538.
- King N, Kukreja K, Murzabdillaeva A, Ali Y, Willis J, Maiti A, Ma H, Bull J. A rare presentation of carcinosarcoma of the bone in a young female; response with gemcitabine and docetaxel. Clin Sarcoma Res. 2019 Jul 2;9:10.
- Shi W, George SK, George B, Curry CV, Murzabdillaeva A, Alkan S, Amin HM. TrkA is a binding partner of NPM-ALK that promotes the survival of ALK+ T-cell lymphoma. Mol Oncol. 2017 Sep;11(9):1189-1207.
- Joldoshova A, Khandakar B, Mirza H, Zhang X, Liang Y. “Pathologic and Clinical Correlation of Untreated and Treated Autoimmune Hepatitis.” USCAP-2023 Annual Meeting, March 11-16, 2023
- Joldoshova A, Khandakar B, Sanjay K, Torbenson M, Yeh MY, Wu TT, Jain D. “Biliary Pseudo Tumor Associated with Portal Vein Obstruction.” USCAP-2023 Annual Meeting, March 11-16, 2023
- Khandakar B, Joldoshova A, Zhang X. “Portosinusoidal Vascular Alterations in Transplant Liver Biopsy Setting: A Comprehensive Clinical and Morphologic Analysis.” USCAP-2023 Annual Meeting, March 11-16, 2023
- Joldoshova A, Elsarrag SZ, Dinarvand P, Van Buren G, Jain S. Ampullary somatostatinoma: diagnostic challenge and associations. American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting, October 21-26, 2022
- Joldoshova A, Marginean C, Mansour N, Chatterjee D, Jain S. Incredibly unique case of collagenous esophagitis in a long segment Barret’s esophagus: complication of chronic reflux or a new entity? American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting, October 21-26, 2022
- Elzamly S, Joldoshova A, Friscia M, Chandran A, Garrison KR, Pham J, Younes M, DuPont AW. Clinical significance of equivocal cytomegalovirus (CMV) staining by immunohistochemistry in colorectal mucosal biopsies from 526 patients – four-year experience from a large academic institution. USCAP-2022 Annual Meeting, March 2022
- Patel J, Bhakta D, Elzamly S, Moreno V, Murzabdillaeva A, Ghosh A, Shitawi M, Lin M, Nfn A, Guha S, DaVee T, Bar RS, Rashtak S, Sun H, Liu J, Guo T, Zhang YH, Thomas-Ogunniyi J, Zhang S, Thosani N. Artificial intelligence based rapid onsite cytopathology evaluation (ROSEAID) vs. physician interpretation of cytopathology images of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) of pancreatic solid lesions. Digestive Disease Week, May 21, 2021
- Murzabdillaeva A, Elzamly S, Jafri SH, Rowe J, Brown R, Buryanek J. Prometastatic CXCR4 and histone methyltransferase EZH2 are upregulated in SMARCB1/INI1-deficient and TP53-mutated metastatic poorly differentiated chordoma of the liver [Blue Ribbon Finalist]. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, 2020
- Murzabdillaeva A, Taha H, Hausner RJ. Unusual case of multiple synchronous gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the jejunum presenting as an arteriovenous malformation. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, 2020
- Elzamly S, Murzabdillaeva A, Taha H, Shitawi M, Zhu H. SMARCA4 deficient poorly differentiated non-small cell lung carcinoma presenting with a pathologic fracture of L5 vertebral body and proximal tibia. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, 2020
- Murzabdillaeva A, Billah S. Retroperitoneal primary mucinous cystic neoplasm leading to multifocal invasive moderately to poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2019
- Nfn A, Lin M, Murzabdillaeva A, Zhang S. A rare case of high-grade adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast: case report and review of literature. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2019
- Belousova T, Murzabdillaeva A, Rodriguez J, Zhu H. Ovarian endometrioid adenocarcinoma arising from endometrioid borderline tumor with diffuse CDX2 positivity: report of one case and review of literature. Texas Society of Pathologists Meeting, 2019
- Nfn A, Murzabdillaeva A, Zhang S. Endocervical adenocarcinoma with skip lesion in a fundal endometrial polyp mimicking endometrioid adenocarcinoma arising from the endometrial polyp. Texas Society of Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2019
- King N, Kukreja K, Murzabdillaeva A, Ali Y, Bull J. Don’t ignore back pain! a rare case of a common complaint. American College of Physicians Annual Meeting, 2019
- Murzabdillaeva A, Belousova T, Nfn A, Ali Y, Armstrong J, Zhao B. Poorly differentiated biliary adenocarcinoma leading to Boerhaave syndrome: a case report and review of the literature. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2018
- Murzabdillaeva A, Tong YT, Armstrong J, Yan P, Zhang S. Pleomorphic invasive lobular carcinoma of the male breast: report of two cases. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2018
- Murzabdillaeva A, Chen C, Ambelil M, Chen L. Acute leukemia of ambiguous lineage presenting with retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2018
- Ali Y, Ambelil M, Murzabdillaeva A, Yan P. A case report study of a rare pulmonary sacomatoid carcinoma diagnosis. College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, 2018
- Belousova T, Murzabdillaeva A, Yang MY, Brown RE. Genomic and morphoproteomic findings implicate c-Met, STAT3 and CXCR4 in the histogenesis of alveolar soft part sarcoma and provide therapeutic targets: a case study. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, 2018
- Nfn A, Thomas-Ogunniyi J, Bhattacharjee MB, Navarro P, Saluja K, Murzabdillaeva A, Zhang S, Zhu H. Fetal-type rhabdomyoma of the soft palate in an adult patient: report of one case and review of the literature. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, 2018
- Idris Z, Murzabdillaeva A, Castillo Porter J. Quality of life measurement among children and adolescents with spina bifida: a survey of literature. Research & Fellows’ Symposium, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, March 2015