- Alvarez-Paiva, MD, Gustavo A.
- Ayoade, MD , PhD, Katherine O.
- Bierbaum, MD, W. Frederick
- Bridge, MD, Julia A.
- Chang, MD, Dongkun Jack
- Chenault, MD, FCAP, Carrie
- Czapla, MD, Aggie
- Dang, MD, Daniel N.
- Driver, MD, Brandon
- El-Zayaty, MD, Chad
- Eze, MD, MHS, Ogechukwu P.
- Hernandez, MD, Amanda K.
- Hick, MD, Ryan W.
- Hill, MD, Isabel C.
- Hosler, MD, PhD, Gregory A.
- Hu, MD, PhD, Xiaofeng
- Joldoshova, MD, Albina
- Juarez, MD , Valerie M.
- Koo, MD, Jamie
- Law, MD, Robert M.
- Lemeshev, MD, Yan H.
- Lewin, MD, Matthew
- Lewin, MD, Marc R.
- Litz, MD, Craig E.
- Ly, DO, Uyen Debbie
- Ly, MD, Linda
- Malhotra, MD, Reenu
- Miles, MD, Janet M.
- Murphy, PhD, Kathleen M.
- Music, MD, Jodi S.
- O’Leary, MD, Erin
- Oliai, MD, Bahram Robert
- Onyeagocha, MD, Chukwuma O.
- Paluru, MD, Swetha
- Patel, DDS, Paras B.
- Patel, MD, Ravi A.
- Patel, MD, Kirtesh
- Peters, MD, PhD, John M.
- Podberezin, MD, PhD, Mark
- Rainwater, MD, Gina
- Roberts, MD, MBA, Cory A.
- Ruiz, MD, Monica I.
- Sarode, MD, Venetia R.
- Simms, MD, Anthony
- Smith MD, Stacey L.
- Snowden, MD, Cindi
- Susa, DO, Joseph S.
- Tarabishy, MD, Yaman
- Tumminello, MD, Katherine
- Underwood, MD, Caroline I.M.
- Vinovrski, MD, Todd J.
- Wagner, DO, Diana
- Washington, MD, Paula J.
- Wu, MD, Horace C.
Katherine O. Ayoade, MD , PhD
ProPath, a Sonic Healthcare anatomic pathology practice, is pleased to include Katherine O. Ayoade, M.D., Ph.D., as part of its dynamic medical staff. Dr. Ayoade is a board-certified dermatopathologist with robust professional experience and an impressive record of publications.
Dr. Ayoade graduated with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. She then attended graduate school at the same institution, where she completed a doctoral degree in biochemistry. While in graduate school, she began medical school and earned her medical degree at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. Dr. Ayoade served an internship in internal medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. This was followed by a residency in dermatology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. She held a postdoctoral research position in the pharmacology and dermatology departments at UT Southwestern Medical Center before completing a fellowship in dermatopathology at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Dr. Ayoade brings both professional laboratory and teaching experience. Prior to joining ProPath, she was a dermatologist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, stationed in Clements University Hospital, Parkland Memorial Hospital and the Children’s Medical Center, in Dallas. While occupying that position, she also held multiple teaching appointments. She was an assistant instructor, followed by instructor, in the UT Southwestern Department of Dermatology, before advancing to assistant professor, also in the dermatology department. During her tenure at UT Southwestern, she was an attending physician in the dermatology residency program.
Dr. Ayoade has an extensive research and publishing background. She’s published numerous peer-reviewed articles in prestigious scientific and medical journals such as the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Human Pathology, and the Journal of Immunology, among others. She’s authored chapters in several books including Ethnic Skin and Hair and Other Cultural Considerations, Fundamentals of Ethnic Hair, and Dermatology Atlas of Skin of Color. She has also given several invited talks on alopecia and hair loss disorders.
Dr. Ayoade belongs to numerous professional organizations. These include the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatopathology, Dermatology Foundation, Skin of Color Society, Society for Investigative Dermatology, and the Women’s Dermatologic Society.
Dr. Ayoade holds full medical licensure and is board certified in dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology and dermatopathology by the American Boards of Pathology and Dermatology (expected ~10/2023).
University of Illinois (BS)
University of Illinois (PhD)
University of Illinois College of Medicine (MD)
University of Pennsylvania
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
American Academy of Dermatology
American Society of Dermatopathology
Skin of Color Society
Society for Investigative Dermatology
Women’s Dermatologic Society
Leung BW, Glass DA 2nd, Ayoade K. Response to "Lack of association between comorbidities and central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia: a retrospective cohort study of 153 patients". J Am Acad Dermatol. 2023 Aug 25:S0190-9622(23)02630-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2023.07.1041. [Epub ahead of print]
Jackson TK, Sow Y, Ayoade KO, Seykora JT, Taylor SC, Ogunleye T. Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia in males. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2023 Dec;89(6):1136-1140. Epub 2023 Jul 24.
- Sow Y, Wachuku C, Barrera T, Jackson T, Ayoade KO, Taylor SC, Mollanazar N. Palmar and plantar erythema: an initial presentation of undifferentiated connective tissue disease. JAAD Case Rep. 2023 Mar 24;35:94-97.
- Godse R, Rodriguez O, Ayoade KO, Rubin AI. Update on nail unit histopathology. Hum Pathol. 2023 Oct;140:214-232. Epub 2023 Mar 13.
- Leung B, Lindley L, Reisch J, Glass DA 2nd, Ayoade K. Comorbidities in patients with central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia: a retrospective chart review of 53 patients. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2023 Feb;88(2):461-463
- Leung B, Lindley L, Cruz PD Jr, Cole S, Ayoade KO. Iron screening in alopecia areata patients may catch hereditary hemochromatosis early. Cutis. 2022 Oct;110(4):E30-E32.
- Ayoade KO, Carranza FR, Cho WH, Wang Z, Kliewer SA, Mangelsdorf DJ, Stoltzfus JDC. Dafachronic acid and temperature regulate canonical dauer pathways during Nippostrongylus brasiliensis infectious larvae activation. Parasit Vectors. 2020 Apr 1;13(1):162.
- West L, Ayoade K, Vandergriff T, Nijhawan RI. Multiple reactive keratoacanthomas treated with zinc oxide wraps and intralesional corticosteroids. JAAD Case Rep. 2018 Aug 15;4(7):701-704.
- Zemtsov A, Omueti-Ayoade K, Zemtsov R, Yang M. Livedo reticularis as an initial clinical manifestation of gemcitabine-induced hemolytic uremic syndrome. J Dermatol. 2012 May;39(5):487-9.
- Guan Y, Omueti-Ayoade K, Mutha SK, Hergenrother PJ, Tapping RI. Identification of novel synthetic Toll-like receptor 2 agonists by high throughput screening. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jul 30;285(31):23755-62.
- Tapping RI, Omueti KO, Johnson CM. Genetic polymorphisms within the human Toll-like receptor 2 subfamily. Biochem Soc Trans. 2007 Dec;35(Pt 6):1445-8.
- Johnson CM, Lyle EA, Omueti KO, Stepensky VA, Yegin O, Alpsoy E, Hamann L, Schumann RR, Tapping RI. Cutting edge: a common polymorphism impairs cell surface trafficking and functional responses of TLR1 but protects against leprosy. J Immunol. 2007 Jun 15;178(12):7520-4.
- Omueti KO, Mazur DJ, Thompson KS, Lyle EA, Tapping RI. The polymorphism P315L of human Toll-like receptor 1 impairs innate immune sensing of microbial cell wall components. J Immunol. 2007 May 15;178(10):6387-94.
- Omueti KO, Beyer JM, Johnson CM, Lyle EA, Tapping RI. Domain exchange between human Toll-like receptors 1 and 6 reveals a region required for lipopeptide discrimination. J Biol Chem. 2005 Nov 4;280(44):36616-25.
- Alame AJ, Sode T, Robinson TO, Glass DA II, Ayoade A. Ethnic skin disorders. In: Li BS and Maibach HI, eds. Ethnic Skin and Hair and Other Cultural Considerations. 1st ed. Springer; 2021:171-187. Updates in Clinical Dermatology.
- Dillon JCP, Anyanwu CO, Ayoade KO. Seborrheic dermatitis. In: Aguh C and Okoye G, eds. Fundamentals of Ethnic Hair. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2017:105-109.
- Omueti-Ayoade K, Pandya AG. Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis. In: Pandya AG and Jackson-Richards D, eds. Dermatology Atlas of Skin of Color. Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2014:17-20.
- Omueti-Ayoade K, Dominguez AR. Bacterial infections of the skin. In: Pandya AG and Jackson-Richards D, eds. Dermatology Atlas of Skin of Color. Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2014:177-188.
- Godse R, Ayoade KO, Steele KT, Chu EY, Elenitsas R. Pembrolizumab-associated morphea with features of lichen sclerosus [poster 386]. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, October 20-23, 2022.
- Ayoade KO, Seykora JT. Syringoid eccrine carcinoma – A case of a rare malignant adnexal carcinoma presenting on the left upper extremity [poster 387]. American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting, October 20-23, 2022.
- Ayoade KO, Ziegeweid A, Vandergriff T. Secondary syphilis mimicking cutaneous lymphoma. American Society of Dermatopathology Virtual Annual Meeting, October 20-24, 2021.
- Ayoade KO, Son R, Cole S, Vandergriff T. Cutaneous chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML) – a case report [poster 517]. American Society of Dermatopathology Virtual Annual Meeting, November 5-11, 2020.
- Alame A, Vandergriff T, Ayoade KO. Treatment of central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia with oral minoxidil. Society for Investigative Dermatology Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 8-11, 2019.