- Alvarez-Paiva, MD, Gustavo A.
- Ayoade, MD , PhD, Katherine O.
- Bierbaum, MD, W. Frederick
- Bridge, MD, Julia A.
- Chang, MD, Dongkun Jack
- Chenault, MD, FCAP, Carrie
- Czapla, MD, Aggie
- Dang, MD, Daniel N.
- Driver, MD, Brandon
- El-Zayaty, MD, Chad
- Eze, MD, MHS, Ogechukwu P.
- Hernandez, MD, Amanda K.
- Hick, MD, Ryan W.
- Hill, MD, Isabel C.
- Hosler, MD, PhD, Gregory A.
- Hu, MD, PhD, Xiaofeng
- Joldoshova, MD, Albina
- Juarez, MD , Valerie M.
- Koo, MD, Jamie
- Law, MD, Robert M.
- Lemeshev, MD, Yan H.
- Lewin, MD, Matthew
- Lewin, MD, Marc R.
- Litz, MD, Craig E.
- Ly, DO, Uyen Debbie
- Ly, MD, Linda
- Malhotra, MD, Reenu
- Miles, MD, Janet M.
- Murphy, PhD, Kathleen M.
- Music, MD, Jodi S.
- O’Leary, MD, Erin
- Oliai, MD, Bahram Robert
- Onyeagocha, MD, Chukwuma O.
- Paluru, MD, Swetha
- Patel, DDS, Paras B.
- Patel, MD, Ravi A.
- Patel, MD, Kirtesh
- Peters, MD, PhD, John M.
- Podberezin, MD, PhD, Mark
- Rainwater, MD, Gina
- Roberts, MD, MBA, Cory A.
- Ruiz, MD, Monica I.
- Sarode, MD, Venetia R.
- Simms, MD, Anthony
- Smith MD, Stacey L.
- Snowden, MD, Cindi
- Susa, DO, Joseph S.
- Tarabishy, MD, Yaman
- Tumminello, MD, Katherine
- Underwood, MD, Caroline I.M.
- Vinovrski, MD, Todd J.
- Wagner, DO, Diana
- Washington, MD, Paula J.
- Wu, MD, Horace C.
Venetia R. Sarode, MD
Cytopathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology
ProPath, a Sonic Healthcare anatomic pathology practice, is privileged to include Venetia R. Sarode, M.D., as a part of its dynamic medical staff. Dr. Sarode is a double board-certified pathologist with robust professional medical, leadership, and research experience.
Dr. Sarode graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree from Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati University, in India. She earned her medical degree from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh, India. Afterward, Dr. Sarode served a residency in anatomic pathology at the same institution. She then completed a second anatomic and clinical pathology residency at St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI. After that, she completed a third anatomic and clinical pathology residency at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, in Valhalla, NY, followed by a fourth residency at the University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland, OH. Following her residencies, she completed surgical pathology and cytopathology fellowships at University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University.
Dr. Sarode has been appointed to a variety of roles throughout her career, including teaching appointments and medical directorships. She worked as a staff pathologist at the Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. She was a staff pathologist at Parkland Health and Hospital System in Dallas, Texas, for over 20 years. During the same time, she was also a staff pathologist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas and held a teaching appointment as a professor in their pathology department. Dr. Sarode currently serves as the director of the breast pathology fellowship program and chair of the promotion and tenure committee of the pathology department of UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Sarode has an extensive list of peer-reviewed publications in prestigious medical journals in the areas of pathology and surgical pathology. These include articles published in the Journal of the American Society of Cytopathology, Human Pathology, and Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, among others. She was also a principal investigator and coinvestigator for many grant-based research studies and clinical trials. Dr. Sarode currently holds the position of associate editor at Frontiers in Oncology.
Dr. Sarode belongs to several professional organizations. These include the American Society of Cytopathology and United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology.
Dr. Sarode holds full medical licensure and is board certified in cytopathology and anatomic and clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology.
Guwahati Medical College (MBBS)
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (MD)
Surgical Pathology Fellowship
University Hospitals of Cleveland
University Hospitals of Cleveland
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency
University Hospitals of Cleveland
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency
Westchester Medical Center
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency
St. Luke’s Medical Center
Anatomic Pathology Residency
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
American Society of Cytopathology
United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Huerta-Rosario M, Mir M, Quispe-Vicuña C, Hwang H, Sarode VR, Peng Y, Fang Y, Leitch M, Sahoo S. Intraoperative evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in patients with breast cancer treated with systemic neoadjuvant therapy. J Clin Pathol. 2023 May 31:jcp-2023-208862. doi: 10.1136/jcp-2023-208862. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rood T, Sarode VR. Quiz case. Rapid on-site evaluation of a solitary lung nodule in a patient with remote history of hysterectomy: cytologic findings and diagnostic challenges. CytoJournal. 2023 August;20(15). doi:10.25259/Cytojournal_29_2022.
- Sarode VR. The current practice of telecytology for rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE): practical considerations and limitations. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2022 Nov;39(6):463-467. Epub 2022 Jun 13.
- Sarode VR, Pena V, Yan S, Kirkpatrick J, Wanzer D. Selective deployment of dynamic telecytology for rapid evaluation of cytology smears: assessment of workflow processes and role of cytopathology fellows as on-site operators. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2021 Nov-Dec;10(6):577-584. Epub 2021 Jun 17.
- Polat DS, Schopp JG, Arjmandi F, Porembka J, Sarode VR, Farr D, Xi Y, Dogan BE. Performance of a clinical and imaging-based multivariate model as decision support tool to help save unnecessary surgeries for high-risk breast lesions. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2021 Jan;185(2):479-494. Epub 2020 Oct 3.
- Porembka JH, Compton L, Schmidt S, Polat D, Xi Y, Sarode VR, Dogan BE. Stereotactic vacuum-assisted needle biopsy outcomes of non-calcified mammographic lesions. Acad Radiol. 2021 Dec;28(12):1739-1747. Epub 2020 Aug 8.
- Webb C, Partain N, Koduru P, Hwang H, Sarode VR. Secondary angiosarcoma with c-MYC amplification following prophylactic bilateral mastectomy and autologous breast reconstruction: report of a case and review of the literature. Int J Surg Pathol. 2021 Apr;29(2):205-210. Epub 2020 Jun 18.
- Fetzer R, Duey M, Pena V, Wanzer D, Kirkpatrick J, Chau D, Sarode VR. Role of cytotechnologists in rapid onsite adequacy assessment of cytology materials for diagnostic workup and specimen allocation for ancillary testing using a standardized protocol. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2020 Mar-Apr;9(2):67-75. Epub 2019 Aug 21.
- Sarode VR, Robinson L. Screening for Lynch syndrome by immunohistochemistry of mismatch repair proteins: significance of indeterminate result and correlation with mutational studies. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Oct;143(10):1225-1233. Epub 2019 Mar 27.
- Bergstrom C, Porembka J, Fang Y, Sarode VR, Syed S. Primary neuroendocrine carcinoma of the breast. Breast J. 2019 May;25(3):519-520. Epub 2019 Apr 18.
- Gerber DE, Beg MS, Fattah F, Frankel AE, Fatunde O, Arriaga Y, Dowell JE, Bisen A, Leff RD, Meek CC, Putnam WC, Kallem RR, Subramaniyan I, Dong Y, Bolluyt J, Sarode VR, Luo X, Xie Y, Schwartz B, Boothman DA. Phase 1 study of ARQ 761, a β-lapachone analogue that promotes NQO1-mediated programmed cancer cell necrosis. Br J Cancer. 2018 Oct;119(8):928-936. Epub 2018 Oct 15.
- Campbell JI, Yau C, Krass P, Moore D, Carey LA, Au A, Chhieng D, Giri D, Livasy C, Mies C, Rabban J, Sarode VR, Singh B, Esserman L, Chen YY. Comparison of residual cancer burden, American Joint Committee on Cancer staging and pathologic complete response in breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: results from the I-SPY 1 TRIAL (CALGB 150007/150012; ACRIN 6657). Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2017 Aug;165(1):181-191. Epub 2017 Jun 2.
- Beg MS, Huang X, Silvers MA, Gerber DE, Bolluyt J, Sarode VR, Fattah F, Deberardinis RJ, Merritt ME, Xie XJ, Leff R, Laheru D, Boothman DA. Using a novel NQO1 bioactivatable drug, beta-lapachone (ARQ761), to enhance chemotherapeutic effects by metabolic modulation in pancreatic cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2017 Jul;116(1):83-88. Epub 2017 Mar 27.
- Brown TJ, Sher DJ, Nedzi LA, Hughes RS, Beg MS, Mull J, Sarode VR, Khan SA. Cutaneous adnexal adenocarcinoma with exquisite sensitivity to trastuzumab. Head Neck. 2017 May;39(5):E69-E71. Epub 2017 Feb 22.
- McNamara D, Yamamoto H, Sarode VR, Zaha VG. Effusive constrictive pericarditis in autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type II. Am J Med. 2017 May;130(5):e213-e214. Epub 2017 Feb 20.
- Huang X, Motea EA, Moore ZR, Yao J, Dong Y, Chakrabarti G, Kilgore JA, Silvers MA, Patidar PL, Cholka A, Fattah F, Cha Y, Anderson GG, Kusko R, Peyton M, Yan J, Xie XJ, Sarode VR, Williams NS, Minna JD, Beg M, Gerber DE, Bey EA, Boothman DA. Leveraging an NQO1 bioactivatable drug for tumor-selective use of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors. Cancer Cell. 2016 Dec 12;30(6):940-952.
- Dang DN, Raj G, Sarode VR, Molberg KH, Vadlamudi RK, Peng Y. Significantly increased PELP1 protein expression in primary and metastatic triple-negative breast carcinoma: comparison with GATA3 expression and PELP1's potential role in triple-negative breast carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2015 Dec;46(12):1829-35.
- Gerber DE, Boothman DA, Fattah FJ, Dong Y, Zhu H, Skelton RA, Priddy LL, Vo P, Dowell JE, Sarode VR, Leff R, Meek C, Xie Y, Schiller JH. Phase 1 study of romidepsin plus erlotinib in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015 Dec;90(3):534-41.
- Chakrabarti G, Silvers MA, Ilcheva M, Liu Y, Moore ZR, Luo X, Gao J, Anderson G, Liu L, Sarode VR, Gerber DE, Burma S, DeBerardinis RJ, Gerson SL, Boothman DA. Tumor-selective use of DNA base excision repair inhibition in pancreatic cancer using the NQO1 bioactivatable drug, β-lapachone. Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 25;5:17066.
- Huebschman ML, Lane NL, Liu H, Sarode VR, Devlin JL, Frenkel EP. Molecular heterogeneity in adjacent cells in triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2015 Aug 11;7:231-7.
- Sarode VR, Xiang QD, Christie A, Collins R, Rao R, Leitch AM, Euhus D, Haley B. Evaluation of HER2/neu status by immunohistochemistry using computer-based image analysis and correlation with gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization assay: a 10-year experience and impact of test standardization on concordance rate. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015 Jul;139(7):922-8.
- Dennis J, Parsa R, Chau D, Koduru P, Peng Y, Fang Y, Sarode VR. Quantification of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 immunohistochemistry using the Ventana Image Analysis System: correlation with gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization: the importance of instrument validation for achieving high (>95%) concordance rate. Am J Surg Pathol. 2015 May;39(5):624-31.
- Singel SM, Cornelius C, Zaganjor E, Batten K, Sarode VR, Buckley DL, Peng Y, John GB, Li HC, Sadeghi N, Wright WE, Lum L, Corson TW, Shay JW. KIF14 promotes AKT phosphorylation and contributes to chemoresistance in triple-negative breast cancer. Neoplasia. 2014 Mar;16(3):247-56, 256.e2.
- Sugianto J, Sarode VR, Peng Y. Ki-67 expression is increased in p16-expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma and correlates with p16 only in p53-negative tumors. Hum Pathol. 2014 Apr;45(4):802-9.
- Cockburn A, Yan J, Rahardja D, Euhus D, Peng Y, Fang Y, Sarode VR. Modulatory effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on biomarkers expression; assessment by digital image analysis and relationship to residual cancer burden in patients with invasive breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2014 Feb;45(2):249-58.
- Zhang Q, Yu C, Peng S, Xu H, Wright E, Zhang X, Huo X, Cheng E, Pham TH, Asanuma K, Hatanpaa KJ, Rezai D, Wang DH, Sarode VR, Melton S, Genta RM, Spechler SJ, Souza RF. Autocrine VEGF signaling promotes proliferation of neoplastic Barrett's epithelial cells through a PLC-dependent pathway. Gastroenterology. 2014 Feb;146(2):461-72.e6.
- Bu D, Lewis CM, Sarode VR, Chen M, Ma X, Lazorwitz AM, Rao R, Leitch M, Moldrem A, Andrews V, Gazdar A, Euhus D. Identification of breast cancer DNA methylation markers optimized for fine-needle aspiration samples. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013 Dec;22(12):2212-21.
- Marquez E, Geng Z, Pass S, Summerour P, Robinson L, Sarode VR, Gupta S. Implementation of routine screening for Lynch syndrome in university and safety-net health system settings: successes and challenges. Genet Med. 2013 Dec;15(12):925-32.
- Park J, Sarode VR, Euhus D, Kittler R, Scherer PE. Neuregulin 1-HER axis as a key mediator of hyperglycemic memory effects in breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Dec 18;109(51):21058-63.
- Sutton LM, Cao D, Sarode VR, Molberg KH, Torgbe K, Haley B, Peng Y. Decreased androgen receptor expression is associated with distant metastases in patients with androgen receptor-expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Oct;138(4):511-6.
- Lewis CM, Bu D, Sarode VR, Robinson L, Wilson KS, Viscusi RK, Eng C, Euhus DM. The clinical consequences of hemizygosity across 2 MB of 10q23 are restricted to Cowden syndrome. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 Dec;136(3):911-8.
- Morrison DH, Rahardja D, King E, Peng Y, Sarode VR. Tumour biomarker expression relative to age and molecular subtypes of invasive breast cancer. Br J Cancer. 2012 Jul 10;107(2):382-7.
- Unzeitig A, Kobbermann A, Xie XJ, Yan J, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode VR, Moldrem A, Leitch AM, Andrews V, Rao R. Influence of surgical technique on mastectomy and reexcision rates in breast-conserving therapy for cancer. Int J Surg Oncol. 2012;2012:725121.
- Dreadin J, Sarode VR, Saint-Cyr M, Hynan LS, Rao R. Risk of residual breast tissue after skin-sparing mastectomy. Breast J. 2012 May-Jun;18(3):248-52.
- Mook J, Klein R, Kobbermann A, Unzeitig A, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode VR, Moldrem A, Leitch AM, Andrews V, Teotia S, Rao R. Volume of excision and cosmesis with routine cavity shave margins technique. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012 Mar;19(3):886-91.
- Sarode VR, Han JS, Morris DH, Peng Y, Rao R. A comparative analysis of biomarker expression and molecular subtypes of pure ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive breast carcinoma by image analysis: relationship of the subtypes with histologic grade, Ki67, p53 overexpression, and DNA ploidy. Int J Breast Cancer. 2011;2011:217060.
- Sarode VR, Euhus D, Thompson M, Peng Y. Atypical endosalpingiosis in axillary sentinel lymph node: a potential source of false-positive diagnosis of metastasis. Breast J. 2011 Nov-Dec;17(6):672-3.
- Euhus D, Bu D, Xie XJ, Sarode VR, Ashfaq R, Hunt K, Xia W, O'Shaughnessy J, Grant M, Arun B, Dooley W, Miller A, Flockhart D, Lewis C. Tamoxifen downregulates ets oncogene family members ETV4 and ETV5 in benign breast tissue: implications for durable risk reduction. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011 Nov;4(11):1852-62.
- Kobbermann A, Unzeitig A, Xie XJ, Yan J, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode VR, Moldrem A, Marilyn Leitch A, Andrews V, Stallings C, Rao R. Impact of routine cavity shave margins on breast cancer re-excision rates. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 May;18(5):1349-55.
- Han JS, Molberg KH, Sarode VR. Predictors of invasion and axillary lymph node metastasis in patients with a core biopsy diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ: an analysis of 255 cases. Breast J. 2011 May-Jun;17(3):223-9.
- Han JS, Cao D, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Rao R, Sutton LM, Peng Y. Hormone receptor status rather than HER2 status is significantly associated with increased Ki-67 and p53 expression in triple-negative breast carcinomas, and high expression of Ki-67 but not p53 is significantly associated with axillary nodal metastasis in triple-negative and high-grade non-triple-negative breast carcinomas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2011 Feb;135(2):230-7.
- Rao R, Moldrem A, Sarode VR, White J, Amen M, Rao M, Andrews V, Euhus D, Radford L, Ulissey M. Experience with seed localization for nonpalpable breast lesions in a public health care system. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010 Dec;17(12):3241-6.
- Sutton LM, Han JS, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Cao D, Rakheja D, Sailors J, Peng Y. Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Nov;134(5):782-7.
- Sarode VR, Truelson J, Zaidie M. Dedifferentiated epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma of the parotid gland with aberrant expression of prostate specific antigen: a case report. Int J Surg Pathol. 2010 Oct;18(5):401-5.
- Heffernan TP, Sarode VR, Hoffman B, Lea J. Recurrent phyllodes tumor of the vulva: a case report with review of diagnostic criteria and differential diagnosis. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2010 May;29(3):294-7.
- Efune G, Sumer BD, Sarode VR, Wang HY, Myers LL. Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma of the parotid gland: case report and literature review. Am J Otolaryngol. 2009 Jul-Aug;30(4):264-8.
- Kapur P, Rakheja D, Bastasch M, Molberg KH, Sarode VR. Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the thymus: a case report and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006 Feb;130(2):201-4.
- Sarode VR, Islam S, Wooten D, Watumull LM, Molberg K, Ashfaq R. Fine needle aspiration cytology of collecting duct carcinoma of the kidney: report of a case with distinctive features and differential diagnosis. Acta Cytol. 2004 Nov-Dec;48(6):843-8.
- Kapur P, Sarode VR. Pathologic quiz case: myxoid tibial lesion in a 31-year-old man. Low-grade myxofibrosarcoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004 Apr;128(4):e65-6.
- Robinson CE, Sarode VR, Albores-Saavedra J. Mixed papillary transitional cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix: a clinicopathologic study of three cases. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2003 Jul;22(3):220-5.
- Sarode VR, Werner C, Gander R, Foster B, Fulmer A, Saboorian MH, Ashfaq R. Reflex human papillomavirus DNA testing on residual liquid-based (TPPT) cervical samples: focus on age-stratified clinical performance. Cancer. 2003 Jun 25;99(3):149-55.
- Sarode VR, Castellani R, Post A. Fine-needle aspiration cytology and differential diagnoses of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma metastatic to the mediastinum: case report. Diagn Cytopathol. 2002 Feb;26(2):95-8.
- Sarode VR, Rader AE, Rose PG, Rodriguez M, Abdul-Karim FW. Significance of cytologically normal endometrial cells in cervical smears from postmenopausal women. Acta Cytol. 2001 Mar-Apr;45(2):153-6.
- Jain D, Sarode VR, Abdul-Karim FW, Homer R, Robert ME. Evidence for the neoplastic transformation of Von-Meyenburg complexes. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000 Aug;24(8):1131-9
- Gorczyca W, Sarode VR, Juan G, Melamed MR, Darzynkiewicz Z. Laser scanning cytometric analysis of cyclin D1 in primary human malignancies. Mod Pathol. 1997 May;10(5):457-62.
- Singh ZN, Ray R, Sarode VR, Narang A. Congenital mesenchymal hamartoma of liver. Indian Pediatr. 1996;33(5):415-417.
- Garewal G, Marwaha RK, Ray R, Singh N, Gupta A, Sarode VR. Congenital acute lymphoblastic leukemia: report of a case with unusual immunophenotype. Am J Hematol. 1993 Oct;44(2):147.
- Dhillon MS, Singh DP, Gill SS, Sur R, Sarode VR, Nagi ON. Primary bone malignancies in pregnancy. A report of four cases. Orthop Rev. 1993 Aug;22(8):931-7.
- Sarode VR, Datta BN, Banerjee AK, Banerjee CK, Joshi K, Bhusnurmath B, Radotra BD. Autopsy findings and clinical diagnoses: a review of 1,000 cases. Hum Pathol. 1993 Feb;24(2):194-8.
- Rumnong V, Banerjee AK, Joshi K, Kataria RN. Carcinosarcoma of parotid gland having osteosarcoma as sarcomatous component. A case report. Ind J Pathol Microbiol. 1993;36(4):492-4.
- Sarode VR, Savitri K, Banerjee CK, Narasimharao KL, Khajuria A. Primary extrarenal Wilms' tumour: identification of a putative precursor lesion. Histopathology. 1992 Jul;21(1):76-8.
- Indudhara R, Goswami AK, Choudhary SR, Sarode VR. Coexisting renal cell carcinoma and xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis in a chronic calculous disease. Urol Int. 1992;48(4):450-2.
- Sarode VR, Joshi K, Ravichandran P, Das R. Myxoid variant of primary cutaneous malignant melanoma. Histopathology. 1992 Feb;20(2):186-7.
- Sarode VR, Datta BN, Savitri K, Singh K, Bhasin D. Kaposi's sarcoma of spleen with unusual clinical and histologic features. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1991 Oct;115(10):1042-4.
- Bhusnurmath SR, Bambery P, Sarode VR, Chugh KS. Fever and pulmonary infiltrates in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus. Ind J Nephro. 1991;1:101-7.
- Rumnong VS, Malik AK, Kocher R, Sakuja V, Yadav RVS. Fatal ischemic colitis in renal allograft recipients. Ind J Gastro. 1988;7:117-8.
- Datta U, Varma S, Sharma BK, Rumnong V, Sehgal S. Multiple myeloma with unusual visceral presentation. Ind J Hematol. 1984;2:47-9.
- Sarode VR, Rood T, Liu Y, Fang Y, Sahoo S, Peng Y, Hwang H, Leitch M, Haley B. A comparative analysis of clinical and pathologic characteristics of patients with HER2 positive breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant versus adjuvant anti-HER2 therapy: analysis of 397 cases [abstract P1-02-14]. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, 2021. Cancer Res. 2022;82(4_Suppl):P1-02-04.
- Kirkpatrick J, Graham C, Nunnery M, Pena V, Roal D, Sarode VR. Implementation of The Paris System (TPS) of reporting urine cytology in a tertiary care center; correlation of atypical urothelial cells (AUC) with reflex Urovysion and follow-up biopsy. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2021 Sep-Oct;10(5):S1-S76.
- Filatenkov A, Lewis C, Sarode VR. Digital image analysis of tumor immune microenvironment in ductal carcinoma in situ reveals distinct subsets based on presence of CD8 and Foxp 3 positive cells and CD8/Foxp3 ratio [abstract 88]. Mod Pathol. 2021;34(Suppl_2):97.
- Rood T, Liu Y, Koduru P, Sahoo S, Hwang H, Pen Y, Fang Y, Sarode VR. Neo-adjuvant anti-HER2 therapy in breast cancer: predictors of pathological complete response and survival. USCAP Meeting, 2020.
- Huerta M, Filatenkov A, Fang Y, Peng Y, Hwang H, Sarode VR, Sahoo S. High density of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in triple negative breast carcinoma is an independent predictor of overall survival. USCAP Meeting, 2020.
- Kirkpatrick J, Graham C, Nunnery M, Pena V, Raol D, Wanzer D, Sarode VR. A comparison of conventional rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE) versus telecytology for adequacy assessment of touch imprint smears of needle core biopsies. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2018.
- Filatenkov A, Sahoo S, Sarode VR, Peng Y, Fang Y, Hwang H. Routine excision is not necessary for mucocele-like lesions of the breast. USCAP Meeting, 2020.
- He L, Araj E, Sahoo S, Sarode VR, Fang Y, Hwang H, Peng Y. Her2 positive and HER2 negative classic type invasive lobular carcinomas: comparison of clinicopathologic features. CAP Virtual Meeting, 2020.
- Kirkpatrick J, Graham C, Nunnery M, Pena V, Raol D, Wanzer D, Wasik S, Carrick K, Gokasian ST, Yan S, Sarode VR. Accuracy of rapid on-site evaluation of thyroid fine needle aspiration by cytotechnologists: a review of 1117 cases. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2019;8(5):S43.
- Joseph D, Arvisais-Anhalt S, Hwang H, Fang Y, Peng Y, Gwin, K, Sarode VR, Sahoo S, Araj E. Data mining and visualization solution to satisfy CAP requirements for breast IHC benchmark comparison [abstract 1485]. Mod Pathol. 2019;32(Suppl_2):21.
- Wachsmann B, Glass C, Butt YM, Yan S, Torrealba J, Gokaslan T, Sarode VR, Gerber D, Dowell D, Hughes R, Kernstine K, Abu-Hijleh M, Chiu H, Oliver D. Lung adenocarcinoma EGFR, KRAS and BRAF mutational analysis, histologic correlation and longitudinal review. J Mol Diagn. 2018; 20(6):1006.
- Jabbar S, Yelp PC, Fang Y, Sarode VR, Gwin K, Peng Y, Zhu H, Hwang H, Sahoo S. Assessment of proliferation index (Ki-67) in invasive breast carcinoma: a comparative study of visual estimation and digital image analysis. Mod Pathol. 2018;31(Suppl_2):777.
- Sahoo S, Mir M, Sarode VR, Fang Y, Peng Y, Gwin K, Hwang H. Intraoperative evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes after neoadjuvant systemic therapy in breast cancer. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, 2018.
- Arvisais-Anhalt S, Strickland A, Zhu H, Xiaohan X, Sarode VR. Oncotype DX recurrence score on adjuvant chemotherapy use for hormone receptor positive breast cancer and correlation with pathologic features. Mod Pathol. 2018;31(Suppl_2):45. Abstracts, ctd.
- Mir M, Sahoo S, Fang Y, Peng Y, Hwang H, Czapla A, Koduru P, Sarode VR. Stability of HER2 expression in residual breast cancer: following neoadjuvant anti-HER2 therapy. Mod Pathol. 2018;31(Suppl_2):91.
- Flores M, Sarode VR, Molberg K, Fang Y. Massive cardiac metastases of an untreated inflammatory breast cancer in a young patient: a case report of autopsy findings and review of literature. Am J Clin Pathol. 2018; 149(Suppl):S1.
- Sarode VR, Pena V, Wanzer D, Sanko S and Yan S. Validation of telecytology for adequacy assessment and preliminary diagnoses using live streaming of images of Diff Quik-stained smears. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2017;6(5):S53.
- Sarode VR, Chau C, Duey M, Pena V, et al. Rapid on-site evaluation (ROSE) of cytology smears performed by cytotechnologists for assessment of adequacy in deep-seated lesion: correlation with final interpretation. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2016;5(5):S60.
- Dang D, Saluja K, Sarode VR, Molberg K, Leitch AM, Peng Y. Significantly reduced E-cadherin protein expression (H-Score) in triple negative breast cancer and its correlation with Ki67. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015;144(Suppl_2):A280.
- Van Straten M, Saluja K, Sarode VR, Peng Y, Fang Y. Metastatic carcinoid tumor to bilateral breasts mimicking primary low-grade invasive ductal carcinoma: an impact on patient care. . Am J Clin Pathol. 2015;144(Suppl_2):A269.
- Saluja K, Christie A, Peng Y, Fang YV, Sarode VR. Estrogen and progesterone receptors expression in 2053 HER2 negative invasive breast cancer: correlation with Ki67, p53 and tumor grade. USCAP Meeting, 2015. Mod Pathol. 2015;28(Suppl_2):30-75.
- Gerber D, Arriaga Y, Beg MS, Dowell JE, Schiller JH, Frankel AE, Leff R, Meek C, Bolluyt J, Fatunde O, Martinez RT, Vo P, Fattah F, Sarode VR, Zhou Y, Xie Y, McLeod M, Schwartz B, Boothman DA. Phase 1 correlative study of ARQ761, a beta-lapachone analogue that promotes NQ01-mediated programmed cancer cell necrosis [abstract 253]. EORTC-NCI-AACR 26th Symposium, Barcelona, Spain, 2014.
- Sanko S, Balagtas E, Chau D, Parsa R, Wanzer D, Sanchez M, Sarode VR. Workflow implementation of reflex Afirma testing for thyroid fine needle aspiration with indeterminate cytology in the laboratory. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Scientific Meeting, Dallas, TX, November 13-17, 2014. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2014;3(5):S56-S57.
- Sarode VR, Van Straten M, Alvi M, Pena P, Sanko S, Watumull L. Evaluation of Afirma Molecular Assay in patients with indeterminate/atypical thyroid cytology: a single institution experience. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Scientific Meeting, Dallas, TX, November 13-17, 2014. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2014;3(5):S56-S57.
- Kiedrowski L, Robinson L, DE Leon E, Burstein E, Sarode VR. Clinical near misses and challenges in Lynch Syndrome screening and testing: reduced expression and probable Lynch Syndrome [poster presentation]. Collaborative group of the Americas Conference (Hereditary Colon Cancer Meeting), September 15-16, 2014, Cleveland, OH.
- Witkiewicz A, Euhus D, Sarode VR, Franco J, Knudsen E. Response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: composite computational and histochemical analyses define important determinants of pathological response. USCAP Meeting, 2014. Mod Pathol. 2014;27(Suppl_2):34-90.
- Dang D, Sarode VR and Peng Y. Comparison of PELP1 and GATA3 expression in triple-negative breast Carcinoma: Potential Diagnostic Utility in Metastatic Disease [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, 2014. Mod Pathol. 2014;27(Suppl_2):43A. Abstracts, ctd.
- Scoglietti V, Wooldridge R, Leitch M, Euhus D, Sarode VR, Huth J, Rao R. Development and initiation of a clinical protocol for the treatment of idiopathic granulomatous mastitis. Journal of Rare Disorders. 2014;2(1):32-38.
- de Leon ED, Robinson L, Euhus D, Burnstein E, Sarode VR. Evaluation of Lynch Syndrome by immunohistochemistry and quantitative scoring by digital image analysis as a screening tool for the diagnosis of hereditary colon cancer and correlation with genetic analysis [abstract Sa1981]. Gastroenterology. 2014;146(5):S346.
- Dennis JA, Parsa R, Chau D, Peng Y, Sahoo S, Fang Y, Sarode VR. Evaluation of HER2 IHC staining using the Ventana Image Analysis System, correlation with HER2 FISH amplification. Mod Pathol. 2013;26(Suppl_2):36A.
- Smith D, Xiang D, Christi A, John G, Peng Y, Sahoo S, Fang Y, Sarode VR. Hormone receptor expression in Her2+ breast cancer; relationship to Ki67 and p53 expression. Mod Pathol. 2013;26(Suppl_2):70A.
- Sugianto J, Venetia Sarode VR, Yan Peng Y. Ki-67 Expression is increased in p16 expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma and correlates with p16 only in p53-negative tumors. Mod Pathol. 2013;26(Suppl_2):70A.
- Gerber DE, Skelton R, Dong Y, Loudat L, Dowell J, Boothman DA, Sarode VR, Zhang W, Xie Y, Gazdar A, Frenkel EP, Schiller JH. Phase I and pharmacodynamics study of the histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor romidepsin plus erlotinib in previously treated advanced non-small cell lung cancer [abstract 8088]. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31_suppl.
- Collins R, Xiang D, Christie A, Leitch M, Euhus D, Rao R, Haley B, Sarode VR. Comparison of HER2 expression by immunohistochemistry (IHC) using automated imaging system and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). A retrospective analysis of 2853 cases [abstract P1-07-04]. Cancer Res. 72(24 Suppl.) 2012;72(24_Suppl): P1-07-04.
- Moses G, Peng Y, Fang Y, Sahoo S, Sarode VR. Comparison of tumor biomarkers in primary breast carcinoma and paired metastases. Mod Pathol. 2012;25(Suppl_2):54A.
- Kumar KR, Yates SG, Sarode VR, Karandikar NJ, Emmons J. Flow cytometric aberrancies and clinical outcome in low grade, high proliferation index follicular lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2012;25(Suppl_2):348A.
- Torgbe K, Sutton LM, Cao D, Sarode VR, Molberg K, Rao R, Peng Y. Cyclin E expression correlates positively with Ki67 expression in triple-negative basal-like breast carcinoma [poster A157]. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, 2012. Am. J Clin. Pathol. 2012;138 (Suppl_2).
- Duan L, Yan JS, Sarode VR, Leitch AM, Euhus D, Rao R, Cao D, Xie XJ, Peng Y. Clinical pathological factors predictive of distant metastasis in triple-negative and non-triple-negative breast carcinomas treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery [poster presentation A148]. American Society for Clinical Pathology Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, 2012. Am. J Clin. Pathol. 2012;138 (Suppl_2).
- Sutton LM, Torgbe K, Cao D, Sarode VR, Molberg K, Haley B, Peng Y. Low androgen receptor expression is associated with distant metastases in patients with androgen receptor expressing triple-negative breast carcinoma [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, 2012. Mod Pathol. 2012;25(Suppl_2):69A.
- Sarode VR, Rahardja G, Morrison DH, Peng Y, Euhus D, Rao R. Relationship between DNA ploidy, biomarker expression and molecular subtypes of invasive carcinoma. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, 2011.
- Cockburn A, Fang Y, Peng Y, B Haley, Sarode VR. Comparison of biomarker expression in breast cancer patients before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy [platform presentation]. USCAP Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2011. Abstracts, ctd.
- Cockburn A, Peng Y, Sarode VR. Measurement of residual cancer burden in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and correlation with biomarker expression and molecular subtypes [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, San Antonio, TX, 2011.
- Henderson S, Xie XJ, Peng Y, Euhus D, Leitch M, Rao R, Haley B, Sarode VR. Correlation of Oncotype Dx recurrence score with histologic parameters [poster presentation]. International San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, 2010.
- Henderson S, Xie XJ, Peng Y, Euhus D, Leitch M, Rao R, Haley B, Sarode VR. Correlation of Oncotype DX recurrence score with luminal subtypes of breast cancer [poster presentation]. International San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, 2010.
- Cockburn A, Han J, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode VR. Breast cancer molecular subtypes treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy; correlation with grade, ploidy ki67 and p53 expression [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2010.
- Morrison D, King E, Peng Y, Sarode VR. Biologic characteristics and molecular subtypes of breast cancer in young women [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2010.
- Han J, Molberg K, Sarode VR, Peng Y. A comparative analysis of Ki67 expression and its association with axillary nodal metastasis in patients with triple negative versus non triple negative breast carcinoma [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2010.
- Sutton L, Han J, Molberg K, Sailors J, Sarode VR, Peng Y. Degree of intratumoral EGFR and Cytokeratin 5/6 expression is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastasis in patients with basal like triple negative breast cancer. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2010.
- Unzeitig A, Kobbermann A, Xie X, Euhus D, Peng Y, Sarode VR, Moldrem A, Leitch M, Andrews V, Rao R. Routine shave margins and re-excision rates in breast conserving therapy for cancer. American Association of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Annual Meeting, 2010.
- Stallings C, Leitch M, Rao R, Moldrem A, Andrews A, Peng Y, Sarode VR, Euhus D. Is breast conservation safe for metaplastic breast cancer? American Association of Surgeons, North Texas Chapter Annual Meeting, 2010.
- Han J, Ashfaq R, Peng Y, Sarode VR. Molecular characterization of DCIS by immunohistochemistry [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Boston, MA, 2009.
- Horna P, Ashfaq R, Peng Y, Rao R, Sarode VR. Intraoperative imprint cytology of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer: a comparison with conventional H&E and computer assisted image analysis [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Boston, MA, 2009.
- Gomez R, Zakhireh J, DeMichelle A, Przewoznik J, Ollila D, Frank J, Krontriras H, Montogemery L, Sarode VR, Broadwater G, Esserman L (I SPY Clinical Investigator, on behalf of the I-SPY TRIAL Network). Sentinel lymph node biopsy performed in the neoadjuvant setting for breast cancer. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2008.
- Han J, Molberg KH, Sarode VR. The significance of sentinel lymph node positivity in patients with a core biopsy diagnosis of DCIS immunohistochemistry [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Denver, CO, 2008.
- Sarode VR, Klimstra DS, Alboress Saavedra J. Small duct lesions in pancreatic mucinous neoplasm [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, 2004.
- Sarode VR, Hladik C, Molberg K. Detection of apoptosis in archival tissues by immunohistochemistry using antibody to cleaved caspase 3 [poster presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2003. Abstracts, ctd.
- Sarode VR, Werner CL, Fulmer A, Foster B, Molberg K, Saboorian MH, Ashfaq R. Human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalence in teenagers with ASCUS/LSIL smears [platform presentation]. USCAP Meeting, Washington, DC, 2003.
- Sarode VR, Werner CL, Fulmer A, West AM, Ashfaq R. HPV status in women with ASCUS/LSIL pap smear and “benign” diagnoses on follow-up biopsy [poster presentation]. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, Nov 5-9, 2002.
- Sarode VR, Werner CL, Yousuf U, Saboorian MH, Fulmer A, Ashfaq R. Evaluation of human papillomavirus testing by Digene Hybrid Capture (HC II) assay in the triage of women with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance [poster presentation]. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, Nov 6-10, 2001.
- Sarode VR, Werner CL, Yuosuf U, Saboorian MH, Fulmer A, Ashfaq R; Adjunctive use of HPV DNA test by Hybrid Capture II Assay with liquid-based ThinPrep Pap test [poster presentation]. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, Nov 6-10, 2001.
- Sarode VR, Werner CL, Yuosuf U, Saboorian MH, Fulmer A, Ashfaq R; Age and race stratification for women testing positive for Hybrid Capture (HCC II) HPV DNA assay [platform presentation]. American Society of Cytopathology Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, Nov 6-10, 2001.
- Sarode VR, Rader AE, Rose PG, Rodriguez M, Abdul-Karim F. The significance of cytologically normal endometrial cells in cervical smears of postmenopausal women. USCAP Meeting, San Francisco, CA,2000.